Campaign of the Month: May 2021
Baghdad on the Bayou
Orb of Mysterious Origin
Item of Power: Orb of Mysterious Origin (5)
Alex was gifted this mysterious orb at Odin’s armory. The orb caught his eye because it triggered an almost forgotten memory of his former master who mentioned that someone day he will possess an small sphere. He vaguely remembers sparring with him as a child while holding a golf ball in his hand.
Alex has discovered that when he holds this orb and taps into its power, it opens his eyes to a previously unknown world—he sees things as they truly are and always were, from their creation. Unfortunately, this vision is inseparable with the orbs power—he cannot use it without opening this sight, even though in the few months he has used it, he has already been scarred by some of the things he has seen. Especially in his encounters with the Hell’s Angels. Additionally, the orb grants him some amount of control over reality in his immediate proximity.
- Uncontrolledly power [+1]
- The Sight/Soul Gaze [-1]
- Psychometry [-1]
- Dream or Reality (Must have Demesne [-1]) [-2] ([-3 total])
For you the lines between Dream and Reality are blurred, so much so they are almost non-existent. You live just as much in the world of fantasy as you do on planet earth. You are able to bring your control of your Demesne into the mortal world. You are able to shape reality to your whim.
- Sculpt Reality. You can alter reality as if you were in your personal Demesne, though not as freely as you would be able to in the Nevernever. You can roll DISCIPLINE to place scene aspects as normal, and can even use DISCIPLINE to physically attack using the (now) mutable nature of the zone against your opponents (Weapon:0). Any change you make is impermanent, and reverts to its original state at the end of the scene, however, you may spend a fate point to make a change permanent. (Note: Anytime “reality” is manipulated by beings lower than the gods—the scene automatically takes on the aspect “Screwing reality may have surprising consequences”)
- Rapid Eye Movement. When you use this power your eyes flicker back and forth as if you were sleeping.
- Illiteracy. While this power is active you are unable to read, it is not because you do not know how, it is just that your brain is unable to correctly identify the symbols on the page.
- Lasting Sculpting [-1]. Plausible changes to your demesne are permanent, if you so will them to be—without spending a Fate Point.